LAKE OF BAYS RENEWABLE ENERGY CO-OP (LOBREC) is a not-for-profit renewable energy co-operative. Our goal is to bring community owned renewable energy projects to Lake of Bays for the benefit of the community as a whole.
You can join LOBREC right here and learn how to support the project through our community bond program right here.
LOBREC has secured a 20 year contract with the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) for a 50kW solar installation, to be erected on the rooftop of the Community Centre, in Baysville. This low impact, high profile project is our first initiative and will:
- demonstrate sustainability
- provide an attractive investment vehicle
- provide returns to the community
- show leadership and raise the profile of Lake of Bays.
- LOBREC intends to direct a percentage of each year’s surplus back into the community through initiatives such as grants to environmental projects and other opportunities with environmental benefits.