We held our annual meeting September 5, 2015 at the Baysville Senior's Centre. Our president, Melinda Zytaruk provided a perspective on the past 12 months and the year ahead.
- We submitted a Community Energy Partnership Program (CEPP) grant application and eventual approval of LOBREC's application for financial assistance for some of our co-op development, legal and engineering costs. We are waiting a final payment of the grant.
- LOBREC membership has exceeded 200 members.
- We received Interim financing from Haliburton Community Development Corporation (HCDC) that allowed our project to proceed prior to full sale of the necessary number of LOBREC bonds.
- We made improvements to our website and social media presence.
- We made presentations to over 15 community groups and associations with over 1000 people in attendance.
- Bond sales raised $139,000 by the annual meeting (Additional sales of over $22,000 since then)
- Installation of the 50KW solar rooftop system on the Lake of Bays Community Centre.
- Our books were audited for this year and we received a clean audit report.
- Sadly, both Margaret Casey and Collin Reaney submitted their retirement as directors. Melinda thanked both of them for their tireless efforts in assisting LOBREC in its first four years. They have both been instrumental in LOBREC's success to date.
- We elected 2 new directors, Peter Goring and Martha Lenio for a 3 year term. They have a great background (see their bios on the about us page) and will help steer LOBREC as we go forward.
In addition, subsequent to the meeting we have received our first payment of over $4,000 from Hydro One for the electricity we are pumping back into the grid