The 2018 AGM has been scheduled! It will be taking place on:
Saturday October 6th, 10:30 am, at the Baysville Senior Centre
We will have two to four board member opening potientially opening up this year, so if you would like to take a more active role in LOBREC, we would love to hear from you!
Refreshments will be served, and there will be a special presentation to the community projects which received LOBREC Community Donations this year:
A $500 donation is being made to the Baysville Senior Centre
A $1500 donation is being made to the Dorset Community Health Hub
If members have community organizations or initiatives they would like to see supported in the future, please let us know by e-mail: email@example.com. Or come let us know at the AGM!
LOBREC’s 2018 financial statement can be found by clicking on this link: 2018 Financials
The financial statement will also be presented at out Annual General Meeting, happening this Saturday October 6th!
If you have any questions about the 2018 financials, or wish to take a more active role in LOBREC, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 am, Saturday May 20, Baysville Community CentreRead More
This weekend LOBREC will be at the the Muskoka Summit on the Environment to join in the discussion on this year's theme, "Solutions for a Warming World". The event will be taking place in Bracebridge at the Rene Caisse Theatre on Friday May 27 and Saturday May 28. Come out and hear from some wonderful speakers, including leader of the federal Green Party Elizabeth May, and visit our LOBREC booth.
For more information and how to register, see http://muskokasummit.org/
We hope to see you there!
We held our annual meeting September 5, 2015 at the Baysville Senior's Centre. Our president, Melinda Zytaruk provided a perspective on the past 12 months and the year ahead.
- We submitted a Community Energy Partnership Program (CEPP) grant application and eventual approval of LOBREC's application for financial assistance for some of our co-op development, legal and engineering costs. We are waiting a final payment of the grant.
- LOBREC membership has exceeded 200 members.
- We received Interim financing from Haliburton Community Development Corporation (HCDC) that allowed our project to proceed prior to full sale of the necessary number of LOBREC bonds.
- We made improvements to our website and social media presence.
- We made presentations to over 15 community groups and associations with over 1000 people in attendance.
- Bond sales raised $139,000 by the annual meeting (Additional sales of over $22,000 since then)
- Installation of the 50KW solar rooftop system on the Lake of Bays Community Centre.
- Our books were audited for this year and we received a clean audit report.
- Sadly, both Margaret Casey and Collin Reaney submitted their retirement as directors. Melinda thanked both of them for their tireless efforts in assisting LOBREC in its first four years. They have both been instrumental in LOBREC's success to date.
- We elected 2 new directors, Peter Goring and Martha Lenio for a 3 year term. They have a great background (see their bios on the about us page) and will help steer LOBREC as we go forward.
In addition, subsequent to the meeting we have received our first payment of over $4,000 from Hydro One for the electricity we are pumping back into the grid
Now that the panels are installed LOBREC is generating electricity into the grid. For the month of September 2015 Hydro One sent us a cheque for $4,198.32. This was a good month, however we expect the winter months to provide no to very limited returns until spring. In any case we are underway. Congratulations and thanks to all who have supported LOBREC through membership, bond purchases or volunteer work.
Well, the panels are up and connected and pumping electricity into the grid. As a result we are earning revenue. While we anticipate much lower revenues over the winter months, in September our payment from Hydro One was $4,198.32. This is in line with expectations and we look forward to a great year in 2016.